Monday, March 9, 2009

My latest project


I've been making bags out of Mexican tablecloth material, called "ahulado".
It started when I got tired of seeing everyone go by the house with plastic grocery bags to hold the shells and other beach crap that they collected on their walks. It's my version of a neighborhood beautification program. My friend and fellow neighborhood beautifier, Robin (who gives haircuts to all of us) brought me some yarn from the US, (as if I needed yarn, but that's another story) and that was the trim for the first dozen or so. So far I've made at least 50 of them! Does this sound familiar? Some of them are given away and some are sold and of course I keep one from every different print. I have not been able to find a source for dingle ball fringe yet, but I'm sure something will turn up. In the meantime, there's plenty of other trim that will suffice!

No comments: