Monday, April 27, 2009

Ten cuidado con la gripe porcina. Be careful with the swine flu


We are in the middle of a swine flu alert. The Mexican government thinks it is serious enough to close every school in the country and many churches and other public gatherings are cancelled. In Mexico, as in many other parts of the world, labor Day is celebrated May 1. There are HUGE parades as Labor Day is a big deal here. That giant parade is cancelled and that, more than anything, got my attention. Anyway, Tuli thought she needed to be prepared... Tomorrow, we try to find Tamiflu. You can buy antibiotics over the counter here, so we'll get a some, just in case the flu comes here. So far nothing. Ten cuidado y limpia su manos, por favor. ( Be careful and wash your hands!)

1 comment:

Diane Lynn said...

I've been thinking about you two..and being glad you are so far from Mexico City...it sounds crazy there...hoping you have luck finding the tamiflu... How great that you can get it without fighting everyone else in town to get in to a dr to get an Rx first...gheesh! I'll keep your little corner of the earth in my prayers....I'm working with Joan again tomorrow...I miss Koryn!