Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Got a toothache?

If you have a toothache or need some dental work done, come see us. No ,we aren't branching into dentistry as a hobby! Dental care is about 25% of what it costs in the US. I had two crowns put in and the whole thing came to 4000 pesos...about $350 USD. Then my very thorough cleaning was 280 pesos, about $22. My dentist trained in the US and lived there for a number of years, then came back here. There is never a lecture, like some dentists feel they are entitled to give, and he is a very nice personable guy with an officeful of very competent assistants. The endodontist who does the root canals charges about $180 for a root canal, then the crown is about the same. You couldn't get in the door for that in the states. He is building a new office near a prominent medical center and does a lot of medical tourism. I feel like I could have all the old mercury amalgam fillings yanked out and replaced and any other work I needed for the price of one root canal, a cleaning and a set of X-rays in the US. Plus, he'll fit you in if there is an emergency.

2 comments:

Diane Lynn said...

I love all these posts.....I adore seeing the cats, dogs, flamingo, chicken, husband, reptile, etc stuff....you both look like you are having such a great time! We miss you and love to be green with envy....

Diane

Star said...

i just had another root canal done yesterday. I'm lucky to be here and able to get them done . .. but ouch ! ja!