Friday, October 2, 2009

Duct tape rocks

I was sewing a cushion cover when the power went out. It flickered for several minutes and then decided to stay out. I was in the sewing mode, so this really frustrated me. I tried to just turn the wheel by hand and this was OK for about two minutes until it made my hand hurt. So MacGuyver (Chief) came up with this idea using what else, duct tape. It actually worked quite well, but the coordination of the driver and the sewer left something to be desired. All this left me wanting a new treadle style antique-y Singer machine that they actually sell for about 1500 pesos in Big Home, a warehouse kind of store. And then the power came back on!

1 comment:

Star said...

You really were in the sewing mood , cute idea ! I bought the green apron from tacomaya today.
I'm giving it as a gift , so
there will be one more person
wearing them . We are going to
need group pics ,,, ha !