Friday, May 15, 2009

What we bought in Ticul

This the nice lady who sold me the aqua sun a few pictures down. You can just barely see the thatched house she lives in with her family. Ticul is a lot different from the beach where we live. For one thing, it's hilly! We were gobsmacked to see a hill in the state of Yucatan. It was really hot inland, about 104. Yowza. It was very green in town and thatched cottages were everywhere.

We got 3 pots, one of which is giant...about 2 feet high, to plant a big palm in. The other two are smaller, but still pretty big, for me to plant some flower seeds in them. These pots were really cheap; we paid 330 pesos for all three which worked out to about $25. A deal.

Ticul is known for ceramics and leather shoes. There were workshops for both all over the city. No, I did NOT buy any shoes.

Some of the ceramic items were just beautiful and some looked like a 5 year old painted them. You pick and choose, and everyone likes something different!




I had to have this turquoise sun face surrounded by wrought iron for 80 pesos...about $6.02 USD. The top picture is of the nice lady who let me beat her down from 95 pesos to 80. We were both happy.









Here it is on my aqua wall in the living room. Kinda neat, eh?




1 comment:

Nancy and Gary said...

Love it Joan....have to get down and see it upclose...one day, I promise.