Friday, May 15, 2009

Practicing making piping for cushions


I'm sewing some cushion covers for our couch. The old ones were fine until Chief did me a big favor and had them washed. Short version: they fell apart. Oh well. I can sew new ones, right? I figured out the practice cover OK, but the one that shows has piping on it and I need a lot more practice adding piping so it doesn't look like a 2nd grader sewed it. Fortunately, there is a wealth of info on the good ol' net and I finally gave up and went there. Now I just have to apply all my new found knowledge! I guess I'm lucky that material is cheap here and I can use the screw-ups for something else! Thelma helped me out by holding the cushion down and testing it by kneading it for about an hour. She likes to watch me sew and will sit on the big glass table right next to me.

No comments: