Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Big Six-O




Hey, all these shots are backwards! It was supposed to be a surprise, and it was, all the way up to when we turned in to go to Taco Maya instead of continuing on to Progreso and Elio's, where we were supposed to meet John and Sue for pasta.
The jig was up when I saw all the cars of our friends, so I decided to go in guns blazing, camera flashing, yelling "Surprise!" That got a big laugh, and I maaged to get some good shots of everybody with their mouths wide open. We had two types of tamales, ceviche, pizza and two birthday cakes. The highlight of the evening was Sue's special birthday song to me, sung to the tune of Y-M-C-A. The four gals with the letter cards behind her were supposed to put the cards up in order for the chorus, J-O-A-N, etc. Of course, they were in the wrong position. Sue couldn't tell, but I was facing them, and laughing so hard it brought tears to my eyes. They finally figured it out and shuffled around, which made it even funnier. My face still hurts. It was a great party, and it was nice to celebrate with our friends we have made over the past three years. My gift from the group was a Kindle! Yeehaw. I had dropped a few hints and somebody heard the thumps. I spent part of the afternoon with Buzz getting it set up and downloading some books. I am a happy camper, and I have to say that if you are turning 60, do it down here. Thank you to my sweet husband, friends Sue, and Carol and Stig for his valiant effort to deliver pizzas in the face of adversity!




























































































































































































































































No comments: