Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Do something with all those shells, already!


OK, OK. But it's not my project! Our friend and neighbor, Jan, is making shell framed mirrors. She already has a gigantic one in her house. Oh why, oh why, do I not have a picture? I was there yesterday... Anyway, this one is actually 2 projects, with a separate fish underneath. I like the way the two look together, and maybe Jan will too. I think she's going to go for it. She and her husband, Larry have a property management business in Playa de Carmen and are lucky enough to have their own wood shop to take care of the business needs. Perfect if you need some fish or giant circles cut out! The shapes are painted with flat white paint and then the shells are attached with silicon glue, a favorite down here. And yes, I'm getting ready to do some myself. After all, what else am going to do with all those shells?

1 comment:

BigAssBelle said...

looks fantastic. crafty pursuits in retirement. i can't wait. lynette