Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sandbag test

During the last norte, we experienced a lot of flooding upstairs. As fast as we could vacuum or mop it up, the rain kept flooding in. 20 gallons later, in the middle of the night we called it quits and went to bed after piling up a bunch of towels by the doors. When we woke up, the upstairs was flooded. Out came the mop and the water vac and the squeegee. After THAT, we decided to have a sandbag competition, thus cancelling any chance of rain for the immediate future. Chief decided to think like a raindrop and used a lot of duct tape on the outside of the doors and in the crack between them.

I had to have my sandbags inside, otherwise we would have been stuck on the deck forever. I had a semicircle which I was going to line with a garbage bag secured with duct tape, then duct tape the crack between the doors. However, my bags were never put to the test because the window guy came to fix our leaky doors. My door is fixed; maybe it'll rain tonight and we can all think like raindrops.
Chief's door will get fixed on Saturday. Then we'll see.

No comments: