Thursday, November 13, 2008

More projects

I've been experimenting with different beadweaving stitches. Seed beads are CHEAP down here, so it's easy to have a zillion of them. Today, however, we are about to take a trip to Merida to the Municipal Mercado for some other bead thrills. Apparently there are about 40 bead vendors. Yeehaw!
The necklaces on the bottom are for the girls at the little bead shop in Progreso that also has yarn, ribbon, flowers, fabric paints, etc. There are 3 of them, and they are the cutest, most helpful people around. They saw a necklace I had made years ago and went crazy over that so I told them I would make them each one. Time to deliver!
The crocheted necklaces have a slinky feel and are very soft and flexible. All the neighboorhood gang wants them so I have my work cut out for me! And they want to learn how, so I guess I'll have a class....





No comments: